On nights when I really don’t feel like spending more than 5 minutes (ok, maybe 7 but absolutely no more than 10, tops!) in the kitchen I take the whole kitchen K.I.S.S. principle to a different level. How? One ingredient meals a.k.a. MEAT.
These wings are so ridiculously easy to make I’m surprised I don’t make them every night of the week. My husband is not as big a fan of spicy foods as I am so I put my most favourite condiment (to be honest it’s my second favourite to yellow mustard) Frank’s Red Hot sauce on the side. I know there are recipes that require you to make a sauce with butter, etc. and I say to that, why? That’s going to require more time in the kitchen and the whole point of this meal is to chuck the wings in the oven and walk away.
One last thing that is crucial to getting the skin really nice and crispy: dry them off before you put them on the baking sheet. Seriously. Learned that from Julia Child. Feel free to serve these with a side of carrots, celery and cucumber and my equally easy and equally delicious West Coast Ranch dressing. You can even combine the hot sauce and the Ranch for a real flavour sensation.
Damn Good Chicken Wings
Cook time: 45 – 60 minutes
Serves: 2 – 5
- 3 lbs chicken wings
- Montreal Steak Spice
- Preheat the oven to 430F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Dry off chicken wings with a paper towel and arrange on baking sheet.
- Season both sides of wings liberally with steak spice.
- Place in oven on middle rack and cook for 20 – 25 minutes (underside of wings should be starting to get brown and crispy.
- Flip wings over and place back in oven,
- Increase oven temperature to 450F.
- Bake for another 15 – 20 minutes or until nice and brown.
- Remove from oven and serve on platter with vegetables and dip.