I don’t know about you but it was not unusual for my mom to make sausage links for dinner and as a kid I always thought it was so cool that we were having breakfast at night!
Until recently I was mixing up this pork with the spices and then forming it into little patties. That was until I woke up the other day and was extra lazy and decided I would skip that step and just crumble fry it, throw in some bell peppers and onions and top with a couple farm fresh eggs.
Skillets and Saturdays. Super satisfying.
Serves: 4 servings
Author: Cassie Elliott
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Pork Breakfast Sausage Spice Mix
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 teaspoons ground sage
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
Mix all spices together and store in airtight jar.
To make sausage crumble:
- Add 2 teaspoons of spice mixture to 1 pound of ground pork and mix to combine.
- Add 1 tablespoon bacon fat (or EVOO) to skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pork to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Serve with eggs cooked to your liking.