I’ve been dabbling with a high protein diet (diet, as in what I eat to sustain my life force NOT what I don’t eat to maintain body composition) and I have come to the anecdotal conclusion (which is probably more scientific than most scientific studies) that it is the optimal diet for me.
Could that be the case for you? Possibly but you won’t know until you try. And, you should. Try it. It’s only food.
Side effects include (if taken frequently):
• feeling full for hours
• leap tall buildings in a single bound
• clear mind leading to critical thinking
• great metabolic health
• high functioning immune system
Here’s how to start using my new favourite way to cook and serve eggs: Sheet Pan Fritatta! This is a great way to feed a crowd or a few for a week. These are really portable and great for the kid’s breakfast or a snack on the run. I’m thinking my Taco Ground Beef in this with jalapenos, tomatoes and a little fresh guacamole would make the perfect appetizer too! The options are endless. Let your inner Julia Child flow!
Serves: 6 (or 12)
Author: Cassie Elliott
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 – 25 minutes
Sheet Pan Fritatta
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup caramelized onions
- 1/4 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup Pan Fried Shaved Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup Sage Pork Breakfast Sausage
- 4 – 5 sliced cherry tomatoes
- Beat eggs and water until slightly frothy.
- Grease cookie sheet with bacon fat, butter or coconut oil.
- Add your veggies and meat to pan.
- Pour eggs over top.
- Bake on middle rack for 20 minutes, until eggs are set.
- Remove from oven. Slice and serve.