I think I’ve mentioned this before but it’s worth mentioning I live in the heart, the epicentre, right smack dab in the fricking middle of blueberry country. Which is so convenient because I just happen to LOVE them. As in if I don’t hide them in the back of my fridge I will eat an entire pound of them at one time.
I also live about 3 hours from the Okanagan which is one of the largest fruit producing regions in Canada and right now it peaches are in season which happen to be one of my Grandma’s favourites. So it only makes complete sense that I would take my favourite berries and her favourite stone fruit and redesign an old fashioned, quintessential dessert type comfort food using natural and wholesome ingredients that fit into my Paleo lifestyle.
One bite of this Blueberry and Peach Crumble took me straight back to my Grandma’s kitchen watching her peel peaches and tell me jokes she had heard earlier in the day on her favourite radio station.
Food is memories. Beautiful, delicious memories.
Paleo Blueberry and Peach Crumble
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup fresh, organic blueberries
- 3 large fresh peaches
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Rinse blueberries, drain and dry. Place in large mixing bowl
- Peel and slice the peaches and add to bowl with blueberries.
- Add the lemon juice and vanilla to fruit and stir to combine.
- Mix the almond flour, coconut, pecans, maple syrup and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Add coconut oil and mix until crumbly.
- Pour the fruit mixture into your baking dish.
- Using your hands, evenly spread the crumble mixture to the top of the fruit.
- Place in middle of oven and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Remove from the oven and serve with a dollop of whipped coconut cream.