As much as I love to cook there are some days that I desperately wish I could order a pizza, throw the box down on the table with a stack of napkins and call it dinner. I can’t because I have literally rewired my brain and now, every single time I am going to eat anything, I always ask myself “is this going to make me feel good in an hour?” Sadly the answer, when pizza is the question, is always a big fat NO!
That’s why I always make sure to have a lot of easy and fast to make type foods on hand. For instance I almost always have a bag of pre-chopped cabbage in the crisper drawer because with that and this delicious and creamy dressing I can have an easy side on the table in less than 10 minutes. Serve with chicken, steak, pork or fish and just like that you have a meal.
Coleslaw with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing
Prep time: 5 minutes
- 1 340 gram bag of pre-cut cabbage (coleslaw mix)
- 1/3 cup of mayo
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tsp orange zest
- pinch or two of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 stocks green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 – 2 teaspoons honey or to taste. I don’t normally add any honey as I find the orange juice makes this dressing sweet enough.
- Mix mayo, orange juice, ACV, poppy seeds, orange zest and salt in a bowl until well combined.
- Add to coleslaw and onions and toss to combine. Add pumpkin seeds and serve.