The BC hothouse tomatoes are AMAZING right now so I am eating them every day.
Not so long ago if I ate a tomato I felt like I had just had a big bowl of gut busting pasta. After a lot of reading, research and consultation with people who knew more about it than me (a.k.a. experts) it seemed that I had an intolerance to nightshade vegetables. No more cauliflower, mushrooms, white potatoes, bell peppers, paprika and cayenne pepper. No more Frank’s Red Hot sauce? I put that shit on everything!
But because I am not one to go down without a fight I made it my mission to figure out what I needed to do rectify this situation. STAT! Turns out I was already halfway there by following the #Paleo diet template and just needed to give my gut a little longer to heal. Huh, how do you know about that?
Now I can eat all the cauliflower rice, sauteed mushrooms, juicy local tomatoes and Frank’s that I want.
Eat real, whole, nutrient dense food. Heal your gut. It will do your body good.
Tuna and Avocado Salad Stacks
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 can Pole & Line Caught Chunk Light Tuna
- 1 large Beef Steak Tomato
- 1 large Haas avocado
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 small dill pickle
- small pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- pinch of fresh ground pepper
- Juice of 1/4 of a fresh lemon
- Drain water from tuna and place in a bowl.
- Dice dill pickle and add to tuna.
- Add mayo, Dijon, salt, pepper and lemon to tuna. Mix to combine.
- Mash avocado in a separate bowl with Trader Joe’s seasoning and a pinch of salt.
- Assemble on plate and top with a pickle!